To declare a major in Finance, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 28.0 hours at DePaul University
- The following courses must be completed with a grade of C- or higher: ACC 101, ACC 102, BLW 201, ECO 105, ECO 106, MAT 135, MAT 136, and MAT 137
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.700
- A minimum Finance (FIN) grade point average of 2.700
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Finance (FIN) course or course used toward the Finance major
- Completion of FIN 310 with a minimum grade of B-
In addition to FIN 310 and FIN 320, a student majoring in Finance is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 32.0 hours:
- Four required courses:
- Four elective courses (16.0 hours) to be chosen from:
The Department of Finance enforces all course prerequisites; exceptions will not be made.
*RE 350 and FIN 350 are cross listed and may only be completed once for credit.
Note: FIN 394 and FIN 395 are 2.0 credit hour courses. Students must complete 4.0 credit hours of either the FIN 394 or FIN 395 sequences in order to earn Finance Elective credit. Two hour FIN 398 courses will not satisfy Finance Electives.
FIN 380 is a capstone course. It is recommended that students take this course after the completion of all required finance courses.
Students are encouraged to seek an internship with a Chicago-area business during the summer preceding either their junior or senior year.
Open elective credit (14.0 hours) is needed to meet the minimum graduation requirement of 192 hours.
Global Business Perspective
If a FIN course is shared between Global Business Perspective and the Finance major, additional hours of Open Elective credit are required.
Sharing of FIN 393 between Experiential Learning and the Finance Elective may be possible; consult with academic advisor.
All Finance (FIN) courses and any courses used toward the Finance major must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.