To declare a major in Finance, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 28.0 hours at DePaul University
- The following courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher: ACC 101, ACC 102, BLW 201, ECO 105, ECO 106, MAT 135, MAT 136, and MAT 137
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.700
- A minimum Finance (FIN) grade point average of 2.700
- No grade of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Finance (FIN) course or course used toward the Finance major
- Completion of FIN 310 with a minimum grade of B-
In addition to FIN 310 and FIN 320, a student majoring in Finance is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 30.0 hours:
- Six required courses:
Two elective courses (8.0 hours) to be chosen from:
The Department of Finance enforces all course prerequisites; exceptions will not be made.
FIN 380 is a capstone course. It is recommended that students take this course after the completion of all required finance courses.
Students are encouraged to seek an internship with a Chicago-area business during the summer preceding either their junior or senior year.
Open elective credit (16.0 hours) is needed to meet the minimum graduation requirement of 192 hours.
Global Business Perspective
If a FIN course is shared between Global Business Perspective and the Finance major, additional hours of Open Elective credit are required.
Junior Year Experiential Learning
Sharing of FIN 393 between Experiential Learning and the Finance Elective may be possible; consult with academic advisor.
Degree Conferral Requirements
All Finance (FIN) courses and any courses used toward the Finance major must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.