Available to students outside the Driehaus College of Business, the focus of this minor is to give broad exposure to the scale and scope of the hospitality industry, and to enable students to explore one major sector, such as lodging, event management, food & beverage, or private club management in some depth.
To declare a minor in Hospitality Leadership, a non-Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.500
- A minimum Hospitality Leadership grade point average of 2.000
- No grades of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Hospitality Leadership (HSP) course
- Completion of HSP 100 or HSP 201 with a minimum grade of C- in each
A non-Driehaus student minoring in Hospitality Leadership is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 20.0 hours:
- One required course to be taken Pass/Fail and for 0 hours:
- Four required courses for 12.0 hours:
- One required course specific to the chosen Hospitality Leadership concentration for 4.0 hours:
- One or more elective courses to be chosen from the Hospitality Leadership concentration selected above for at least 4.0 hours, or the combination of HSP 203 (2.0 hours) and HSP 204 (2.0 hours).
To review what courses may be used for the concentration-specific elective, students should refer to the Concentration Requirements section of the Hospitality Leadership major. A listing of approved courses is available for each of the four concentrations that may be selected for this minor (Private Club Management, Food & Beverage Management, Lodging Management, Event Management).
Degree Conferral Requirements
All Hospitality Leadership (HSP) courses and any other courses used toward the minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- (or PA where specified) and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.