Driehaus College of Business students who minor in Sales Leadership will strengthen their skills in sales and category management, including interpreting strategic consumer insight to help retailers maximize profitability and create an enjoyable shopping experience.
To declare a minor in Sales Leadership, a Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.500
- A minimum Marketing grade point average of 2.000
- No grades of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Marketing (MKT) course
- Completion of MKT 301 and MKT 310 with minimum grades of C-
A Sales Leadership Program application must be completed through the Department of Marketing in conjunction with declaration.
In addition to MKT 301 and MKT 310, a Driehaus student minoring in Sales Leadership is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 16.0 hours:
- One required course to be taken in Business Core:
- Two required courses:
- One elective course to be chosen from:
Category Management Focus
For a specific focus in Category Management, students should take:
Driehaus students minoring in Sales Leadership must complete MKT 376 for the Communication requirement in the Business Core.
All Marketing (MKT) courses and any courses used toward the Marketing minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.