Available to students outside the Driehaus College of Business, the Sales Leadership minor is for students interested acquiring skills in sales and category management: the interpretation of strategic consumer insight to help retailers maximize profitability and create an enjoyable shopping experience.
To declare a minor in Sales Leadership, a non-Driehaus student must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative DePaul grade point average of 2.000
- A minimum Marketing grade point average of 2.000
- No grades of IN, R, or lower than C- in any Marketing (MKT) course
- Completion of the following classes with a minimum grade of C- in each:
- ICS 200 or approved substitute
- A course in college algebra
- A course in statistics
A Sales Leadership Program application must be completed through the Department of Marketing in conjunction with declaration.
The requirement for courses in college algebra and statistics may be satisfied through the completion of the LSP 120 and LSP 121 sequence.
A non-Driehaus student minoring in Sales Leadership is required to complete the following courses totaling at least 30.0 hours:
Category Management Focus
For a specific focus in Category Management, students should take:
All Marketing (MKT) courses and any other courses used toward the Marketing minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C- and with a combined GPA of 2.000 or higher.