The Art, Media, and Design BFA program will expand your artistic potential in studio-specific courses in art, photography and media art, and graphic art practice.
Learn the historical and experience the creative possibilities of visual culture through individualized mentoring and a focused foundation in studio art practice. You’ll also learn fundamental artistic concepts through project-based learning, problem solving, experimentation in studio courses, and the development of your artistic voice.
You’ll work closely with faculty who are practicing artists in dedicated art studios on campus.
Depending on your interest, you’ll spend time in photography dark rooms, wood and metal workshops, and in studios in the following art areas: sculpture, printmaking, video, photography, digital photography, graphic art, painting and drawing.
- Color Theory and Application
- Digital Photography
- Experimental Video Art
- Figure Drawing in Context
- History of Animation
- Making Comics
- Watercolor Painting
- Web Art and Design
- Graphic Art. Choose an area of specialty in: photography, or drawing/painting and printmaking, sculpture, or intermedia (video and Web art)
- Photography and Media Art. Choose an area of specialty in: photography, graphic art, intermedia (video and Web art), or digital photography
- Studio Art. Choose an area of specialty in: drawing/painting and printmaking, graphic art, sculpture or digital imaging