The Art, Media, and Design BA program will expand your artistic potential in a broad-based education in studio art, photography and media art, and graphic art practice.
Learn the historical and experience the creative possibilities of visual culture through a project-based curriculum in art-making that emphasizes fundamental artistic concepts through art making, problem solving, and experimentation in studio courses.
You'll work closely with faculty who are practicing artists in dedicated art studios on campus.
Depending on your interest, you’ll spend time in photography dark rooms, wood and metal workshops, and in studios in the following art areas: sculpture, printmaking, video, photography, digital photography, graphic art, painting and drawing.
We offer the 3+3 BA/JD Program, which allows high-achieving first-year undergraduate students to be admitted simultaneously to the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (LAS) and the College of Law (LAW). You'll complete your first three years in LAS and your final three years in LAW.
- Digital Tools for Visual Thinkers
- Thinking Photography
- Drawing: Figure Drawing
- Art and Artists in Contemporary Culture
- Color Theory and Application
- Experimental Video Art
- Printmaking: Screen-printing
- Web Art and Design
- Text in the Visual Arts
- Graphic Art. Choose an area of specialty in: photography, or drawing/painting and printmaking, sculpture, or intermedia (video and Web art)
- Photography and Media Art. Choose an area of specialty in: photography, graphic art, intermedia (video and Web art), or digital photography
- Studio Art. Choose an area of specialty in: drawing/painting and printmaking, graphic art, sculpture or digital imaging