The Catholic Studies program will provide you with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the Catholic contribution to society. Explore Roman Catholicism as a religious and cultural reality that expresses and motivates multiple forms of human expression.
Work with faculty members from a number of DePaul’s colleges and departments, including anthropology, English, philosophy, religious studies and the College of Education. With flexibility in course selection, you will explore multiple subject areas and perspectives.
Chicago has one of the largest Catholic populations in the United States, with a rich theological, pastoral, ethnic, architectural, artistic and musical heritage for you to experience first-hand.
- The Experience of Catholicism in Chicago
- Catholicism in World History
- Theories of the Church: Concepts and Controversies
- The Catholic Church in World Politics
- Media and Cultural Studies
- The Social Economy of Catholicism
- Catholic Themes in Contemporary Cinema
- Contemporary Moral Issues