DePaul University > Academics > Undergraduate > Majors > Media and Popular Culture

Media and Popular Culture

Media and Popular Culture
Students work behind the scenes in the studio on Good Day, DePaul.

Study where film, television, and radio converge

The Media and Popular Culture degree combines courses from the film, television, radio and new media fields of study. You will develop an understanding of critical frameworks and theories in media studies, as well as develop your creativity and technological skills.

You will take courses from the College of Communication, the School of Cinematic Arts and other university departments. And you will have access to DePaul’s green screen studio, control room, film editing suites and the digital equipment facility.

The College of Communication is located in downtown Chicago, at DePaul’s Loop campus, giving you access to many media outlets and allowing you to meet and work professionally with leading companies in the industry.

We also offer the 3+3 BA/JD Program, which allows high-achieving first-year undergraduate students to be admitted simultaneously to the College of Communication (CMN) and the College of Law (LAW). You’ll complete your first three years in CMN and your final three years in LAW.



  • Comics Studies
  • Documentary Studies
  • Fandom and Participatory Culture
  • Film Studies and History
  • Film Studies in Rome
  • Media Ethics
  • Television Studies and History


  • Latino Media & Communication

Career Options

Common Career Areas

  • Audio-visual consulting
  • Film festival coordination
  • Film production
  • Media criticism
  • Media advertising and promotion
  • Radio talent
  • Social media production
  • Television production
  • Web production
More career info


of College of Communication graduates were employed, continuing their education or not seeking employment after graduation.

Get more information

Complete the form below to receive more information about this degree program.

If the form fails to load or displays incorrectly, click here to fill out an alternate form.