DePaul University > Admission & Aid > Veteran Student

Veteran Student

Veteran Students

Join our robust community of leaders

We're here to help you reach your educational goals

DePaul welcomes students who have served our country as members of the armed forces. Our Office of Admission partners with colleagues in our Office of Veterans Affairs to help you make a seamless transition from military service to DePaul’s campus community.

Jump Start Your DePaul Degree

Serving returning military members has been a priority here since World War II. As a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon Program – which provides tuition-free education to eligible students – DePaul doesn’t limit the number of veterans who can enroll in this program.

Begin Your Application Today   Request More Information

Application and Admission

Order your transcripts from all previous colleges and universities you have attended, and have them sent directly to DePaul by all previous colleges. These can be submitted electronically to:

  • Students under 24 are required to submit high school transcripts if you have less than 24 semester hours of college coursework complete
  • Students age 24+ are required to submit high school transcripts if you have less than 12 semester hours of college coursework complete
  • Submit Your Application.

Please note: Military Credits/Joint Service Transcripts are not required for admission, but can be applied to open elective credit. Instructions on how to order official Joint Service Transcripts can be found here.

Veteran Benefit Documents and Financial Aid

Once you’ve been admitted to DePaul, complete your Admission Next Steps in your Blue Demon Domain. 

You’ll also need to submit the following forms:
  • DD-214: (unless you are still on active duty)
  • Certificate of Eligibility from the VA: Apply for this certificate (scroll down to the green button and select “Find Your Education Benefits Form”)
  • DePaul Veteran Benefits Form: Submit your DePaul Education Benefits Form to our office.
Upload all your documents here

DePaul is committed to helping you pay for college through Veterans Educational Benefits or through federal, state and institutional aid. Check out our Military & Veteran Benefits website where you’ll learn more detailed information about veteran benefits offered at DePaul, the G.I. Bill, helpful FAQs and more.

Continuing Commitment to Veterans


“One of the great things about this university is its commitment to providing veterans an inclusive environment where they can thrive. As a veteran liaison, I'm part of a team that assists them in their transition to college, ensures they receive their benefits and provides guidance and support they need.”


MFA screenwriting student
Cory, MFA screenwriting student 


in Chicago

DePaul University has the largest number of veteran students in the Chicago area — and the most of any private, not-for-profit school in Illinois.



Enjoy access to the Veteran Services Office, Veteran Student Lounge, and full-time veteran staff.

GI Bill®

Learn about and compare the GI Bill benefits you’ll receive at DePaul.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at