In the Exercise Science (EXS) degree program you will learn the scientific principles that relate to human movement. By completing the EXS degree, you will be qualified to pursue a career in a variety of areas in the health sciences field, as well as apply for graduate programs related to the health, fitness and exercise sciences.
You will develop specific skills in:
- Exercise assessment
- Nutritional principles related to exercise and sports
- Patient and client interpersonal relationship management
- Performance enhancement
- Prevention and treatment of sports injuries
- Professional ethics and behavior
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is the professional organization that establishes guidelines and competencies for the field of exercise science and serves as the guide for the EXS program’s academic quality.
- Physiology of exercise
- Human anatomy
- Health and nutrition
- Athletic injuries
- Human growth and development