To inquire about this program:
Admission Office | 312-362-8300
In the bachelor's degree in Mathematical Sciences program, you will learn the fundamentals of pure and applied mathematics, preparing you for a career in mathematics, natural sciences, computer science, social sciences or business.
As a Mathematical Sciences major, you will choose to concentrate in one of eight specialized areas:
- Actuarial Science
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics
- Pure Mathematics
- Quantitative Analysis and Operations Research
- Individualized Concentration
Depending on your concentration, you may take courses in:
In order to complete the Mathematical Sciences BS degree, you are required to take an additional 16 quarter-hours in natural sciences or computer science.
- Applied regression analysis
- Discrete mathematics
- Investments and risk management
- Linear algebra
- Mathematical reasoning
- Probability and statistics
A thesis option is available under the guidance of a faculty member if
you are interested in pursuing an extended independent project related
to a theoretical or applied focus of the Mathematics program.
We also offer four combined degree programs, which allow you to complete a bachelor's degree and a graduate degree in five years:
- Mathematical Sciences (BS) / Applied Mathematics (MS)
- Mathematical Sciences (BS) / Applied Statistics (MS)
- Mathematical Sciences (BS) / Pure Mathematics (MS)
- Mathematical Sciences (BS) / Master of Secondary Education in Mathematical Sciences
- Boyelon Air & Ocean USA, Inc.
- Fidelity Investments
- Orbital Engineering
What can you do with this degree?
- Computer programming
- Computer science
- Information analysis
- Risk management
- Systems analysis