In the Management Information Systems (MIS) program, you’ll learn both the business and technological foundations of information systems management, and be prepared to pursue a variety of careers requiring both business and technological skills.
As an MIS student, you will acquire:
- A broad understanding of information technologies and how they are used in private and governmental organizations
- An in-depth understanding of the information systems life cycle
- A thorough understanding of system requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, validation and management
- Project management skills
- The ability to develop prototypes using visual programming technology
- The aptitude to identify organizational data, and design and manipulate databases
- The capability to integrate technical knowledge with an understanding of business operations
DePaul is located in the heart of Chicago's financial and business community, giving you the opportunity to intern and work professionally with leading business and technological firms.
- Applied networks and security
- Database design and development
- Systems analysis and design