To inquire about this program:
Admission Office | 312-362-8300
In the Public Policy program you will learn the foundations of basic policy theory and research methods, as well as how to develop and analyze public policies. You will also develop an understanding of how public policies are created to address issues regarding education, crime, foreign policy, health and social welfare.
The Public Policy program curriculum offers two tracks: environmental studies and urban studies.
In the environmental studies track, you will take courses in:
- Environmental justice
- Environmental law and policy
- Great Lakes policy and governance
- Green cities
- National parks
- Sustainable development
- Transportation policy and planning
In the urban studies track, you will take courses in:
- Cities, globalization and public policy
- Issues in neighborhood development
- Metropolitan and regional planning
- Public policy and leadership
- Public policy and urban housing
- Urban development and planning
- Urban poverty
Chicago, one of the most dynamic political scenes in the United States, offers many opportunities for you to become involved in politics, non-profit organizations and advocacy organizations. There are also many student groups on campus for you to get involved in, such as Model United Nations, College Republicans, DePaul Democrats and the pre-law association.