Religion is a central element in contemporary culture, politics, identity and conflict around the world. In the Religious Studies program you will gain an understanding of how religion impacts our political and social systems, explore and analyze religious dimensions of life and culture, as well as develop critical thinking and writing skills.
The study of religion includes not only the traditional areas of sacred texts, myths, rituals, mystical experiences and doctrines, but also the ways in which political, social and economic forces shape these phenomena for religious communities.
- Methods and approaches in the study of religion
- The American religious experience
- Themes in Catholic social thought
- Interpreting sacred texts
- Religion and popular culture
- Religion and political conflict
- Sustainability and religious worldviews
- Religion and social engagement