Rev. Edward M. Smith, C.M., founded St. Vincent de Paul Church in 1875, when the building served as the parish church, pastor’s home, a parochial school and the parish hall. Since 1875, it has been through multiple renovations. It is considered one of the most beautiful churches in Chicago with its exquisite architecture, spacious sanctuary, Lyon and Healy organ and marble detail.
St. Vincent de Paul Church is located at the corner of Webster and Sheffield avenues. Student mass is held on Sundays at 9:30 p.m.