DePaul University > Admission & Aid > Types of Admission > Returning Student

Returning Student

Returning Student

Finish what you started

You’re a Returning Student if you’re a former DePaul student previously enrolled in an undergraduate degree program who has been absent from the university for three or more consecutive quarters (excluding summer sessions).

You must complete a returning student application if:

1. You’ve been absent from DePaul for three or more consecutive quarters (excluding summer sessions)


2. You’ve received an academic dismissal from DePaul. A dismissed student can be considered for returning admission after a period of two quarters, excluding summer sessions. Please note that a dismissed student with serious deficiency may be required to demonstrate acceptable academic achievement at another accredited college or university before returning admission is approved. Courses to be taken elsewhere must be approved by the college office, and a grade of C or better must be earned in all such coursework.


Apply for readmission online. After a decision is made, students may then contact an academic advisor.

Undergraduate Students

Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission for the selection of courses that are appropriate for returning admission consideration to your college.

Graduate Students

Former DePaul graduate students seeking returning student admission should contact the appropriate graduate admission office.

Application Deadlines

Returning students may apply for readmission on a rolling basis. Your application and transcripts can be reviewed at any time prior to your start date. The earliest time that application and transcript review can take place is one year prior to your desired returning term.

Transcript of Transfer Work

Applicants who have attended another academic institution since last enrolled at DePaul must have official transcripts sent directly from each institution to the address shown below. These transcripts must be received by the deadline dates. For students who have completed transfer work, such official transcripts will form part of the application for returning student admission.

Address for submitting official transcript(s):

Office of Undergraduate Admission
Joan H. Wish Center, Room 101
1 E. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604

Contact Us

Contact a DePaul Admission representative if you have questions, or to receive more information:

DePaul Office of Admission Location:

Loop Campus
DePaul Center
1 E. Jackson Blvd.
Joan H. Wish Center, Room 101
Chicago, IL 60604

Apply Now