If you have been suspended from financial aid because of failure to
meet the minimum SAP requirements, and you feel that extenuating or unusual
circumstances have kept you from making progress toward your degree, you
may appeal for reinstatement of your financial aid eligibility.
The appeal page is located in Campus Connect through this path: Financial Aid tile > View My FA Academic Progress. There are two components to an appeal that must be submitted by the seventh week of the term for which you are seeking reinstatement:
- A written appeal letter that includes the following items:
Documentation that you have met with your academic advisor to discuss your plan of action. You will need to request your advisor to complete an online SAP advisor support form and request that your academic advisor complete the statement when you meet together.
- The circumstance that kept you from meeting the satisfactory academic progress standards in the past.
- What has changed that will allow you to be successful in the future. Include as many specifics as possible, including your anticipated academic program completion date and the estimated number of hours remaining for your degree or aid-eligible non-degree graduate program.
There are additional appeal requirements for undergraduate students who exceed the maximum timeframe.
You will need to meet with your advisor to discuss and submit documentation in Campus Connect of:
- your anticipated graduation term
- remaining coursework
- an explanation of which transfer credit applied towards your DePaul degree
The Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Process
Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals are reviewed within 14
days, provided that all necessary documentation is received. You should
receive an email with the outcome of your appeal within 14 days
of your submission of a complete appeal.
Financial Aid Probation/Academic Plan: Terms Following Suspension
A successful appeal for reinstatement after a financial aid suspension will result in the following:
- A probationary term in which specified term requirements must be met;
- An additional two monitoring terms, at the end of which you are
expected to meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress
requirements, both in terms of GPA and completion rate. These monitoring
terms are referred to as Satisfactory Academic Progress Term 1 and 2
(SAP Academic Plan 1 and SAP Academic Plan 2).