The Bachelor of Arts in Data Science program offers a curriculum that focuses on developing analytical and technical skills necessary for analyzing massive amounts of data and extracting information from complex data sources.
As a Data Science major, you will learn to:
- Collect, manage, interpret and analyze data to make data-driven decisions
- Use tools and techniques to access data from various sources, such as data from relational databases or from the web
- Design programs in a variety of computational software platforms or computer languages that involve data processes
- Critique data analyses performed on a particular data set
You’ll take a common core of courses in computer science, programming, mathematics and software during your first two years, after which you will select courses with a more narrow focus based on your interests.
- Computer Science
- Data Structures
- Data Analysis
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Algebra with Applications
- Mathematical Modeling