As a Data Science major, you will develop a deep understanding of computer science, mathematics and information management — the three primary components of the data science profession.
Through the Data Science curriculum, you will learn:
- Mathematical foundations in data analysis
- Technical skills for data processing and application development
- Knowledge of advanced machine learning and statistical modeling techniques
- Analytical and communication skills to explain results in a meaningful way
You’ll take a common core of courses in computer science, programming, mathematics and software during your first two years, after which you will select courses with a more narrow focus based on your interests.
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Data Structures
- Data Analysis and Statistical Software
- Data Visualization
- Database Systems
- Foundations of Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Generalized Linear Models