The Theatre Arts program curriculum gives you the flexibility to explore a variety of theatrical disciplines, such as directing, arts writing, educational outreach, literary management, arts administration and law. You can choose from three concentrations of study:
- Standard Concentration: You’ll work with an advisor to develop a curriculum tailored to your personal interests in theatre.
- Directing Concentration: Take coursework in directing and work as an assistant director for The Theatre School’s public productions and other independent projects.
- Theatre for Young Audiences Concentration: Study dramatic literature for young audiences, and take courses focusing on educational outreach, the role of artists as teachers, and teaching techniques. You’ll be prepared to work in education departments of theatres and in social programs.
Learn from a distinguished and award-winning faculty of professional directors, arts administrators, playwrights and arts writers both in the classroom and through individual guidance and advising.
- Script Analysis
- History of Dramatic Literature
- Dramatic Criticism
- Design Workshop
- Performance Workshop
- Theatre for Young Audiences